pookie
Newly Registered

Chinese pepper tree lost 80% of its leaves

Not sure what to do its not dieing as there are some new shoots coming through but it was once a full tree and now is very thin. I water it properly as I have been told on here. anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Andrew

Petra26
Cool Member

usually over/underwatering is a big factor. temperature problems and other varying conditions can be attributed to this behavior. seasonal change and soil composition aswell.

basically you should provide more information if you want an educated guess on the problem.

describe the setting/enviroment of your tree. describe more in depth of your waterings and care. take some pictures and post them in here. there are many people in here who can then make a better guess as to the problem you are having with your tree.

pookie
Newly Registered

Petra26 wrote:usually over/underwatering is a big factor. temperature problems and other varying conditions can be attributed to this behavior. seasonal change and soil composition aswell.

basically you should provide more information if you want an educated guess on the problem.

describe the setting/enviroment of your tree. describe more in depth of your waterings and care. take some pictures and post them in here. there are many people in here who can then make a better guess as to the problem you are having with your tree.
Sorry I don't have a camera. I water it by completely soaking the pot and letting the excess water drain of and then repeat. The soil is always moist but never soaked and I only do this ever 5 days now due to the temerature dropping to the low single figures. whe it is sunny I open the window and leave it the sun light but out of the cold. room temperature is about 20 degrees all the time. At night I put it on the other side of my room away from the window cill. I have a buddist pine aswell and do exactly the same with it aNnd looks very healthy

ynot
Greener Thumb

pookie wrote:
Petra26 wrote: basically you should provide more information if you want an educated guess on the problem.

Great advice from Petra there.
I water it properly as I have been told on here. anyone have any ideas
What does this mean exactly? I ask because I have seen some absolutely terrible advice about watering on here.
Sorry I don't have a camera. I water it by completely soaking the pot and letting the excess water drain of and then repeat. The soil is always moist but never soaked and I only do this ever 5 days now due to the temerature dropping to the low single figures. whe it is sunny I open the window and leave it the sun light but out of the cold. room temperature is about 20 degrees all the time. At night I put it on the other side of my room away from the window cill. I have a buddist pine aswell and do exactly the same with it aNnd looks very healthy
Not having a picture will make a diagnosis dificult to say the least, Please read the sticky on soil and see if you feel yours is good stuff. Consider using someone elses camera also.
good luck
ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”