ynot
Greener Thumb

Yeah, I understand about the heat.

The large particle mixes are more beneficial to your root system development but there is no progress at all on a bone dry dead tree.

Have you considered mixing your own soil? It's far more economical than buying it, and it's customized...lol.
If your interested take a look at the sticky re:soils at the top of the forum.
Some of it won't apply to your situation, But you never know where that one usefull bit will come from.

I also understand about being termed knowledgeable :roll: when I feel as though I am stumbling about in the dark....

I have a 2 sections of my photos on my cpu called 'mess' ... :lol:
still looking ....
ynot

ynot
Greener Thumb

I am curious how long have you had your trident?
Does it get enough of a dormancy during your winter?
ynot

paddles

Yes I did read the soil post (First thing when I logged on, soil and mixes are/is a big thing for me, however unfortunatley (Or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I live in the country and rarely have the forsight to buy proper mix when I can get it, I keep telling myself that I will, however it never happens! Most of my trees are happy and healthy, (and We don't talk about the ones that aren't! :lol: )

ynot
Greener Thumb

paddles wrote:Yes I did read the soil post (First thing when I logged on,)
cool.
soil and mixes are/is a big thing for me,
Me Too!
however unfortunatley (Or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I live in the country and rarely have the forsight to buy proper mix when I can get it, I keep telling myself that I will, however it never happens!
I was a farm kid, [no more tho] I understand the country just fine.
Most of my trees are happy and healthy,
That is the important thing
(and We don't talk about the ones that aren't! :lol: )
:shrugs-shuffles feet: I know that feeling too... :wink:
ynot

paddles

My trident is 5 yrs old, bought as a seedling, It gets a good dormancy here, although, I have been known to put some tree's in the fridge for a week or three. (Hubby winges when I kick his beer out to put a plant in! :lol: ) We have what I would almost call perfect weather here, hot in summer, cool/cold winter, decent frosts, no snow.

ynot
Greener Thumb

paddles wrote:My trident is 5 yrs old, bought as a seedling, It gets a good dormancy here, although, I have been known to put some tree's in the fridge for a week or three. (Hubby winges when I kick his beer out to put a plant in! :lol: ) We have what I would almost call perfect weather here, hot in summer, cool/cold winter, decent frosts, no snow.
The man wants his slabs cold! can't blame him for that. ...lol [Warm VB...Ugh!]
Weather does sound good for your trees.

Wow, I just noticed the massive candles on your black pine!

Flowerpots

:oops: :oops: you a such a good paddles :oops: :oops: email me paddles want to know about this weekend, also how young you kids and sexs, may have some pressies for them ??

paddles

They've been trimmed, I promise! :oops: I wasn't certain what to do with them, so i didn't do anything :oops: Took it to bonsai expert, to have it trimmed, he explained exactly what to do, sometimes I need to have things shown to me for it to sink into my thick scull. :cry:

ynot
Greener Thumb

paddles wrote:They've been trimmed, I promise! :oops: I wasn't certain what to do with them, so i didn't do anything :oops: Took it to bonsai expert, to have it trimmed, he explained exactly what to do, sometimes I need to have things shown to me for it to sink into my thick scull. :cry:
No pines for me actually [Well a few seedlings actually] I find them quite intimidating. But since you are beyond help... :P :wink:
This might help you out a bit:
https://www.bonsai4me.com/AdvTech/ATPine%20Pruning.html

ynot

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”