Sharp

Green Green, Fertilizer

When I got my 1st bonsai, the street vendor gave me 2 bottles of this fertilizer called Green Green.

Ingredients: Total Nitrogen (TN) 0.005% Ammoniacal Nitrogen 0.003% Nitrate Nitrogen 0.002% Available Phosphate (p2O5) 0.01% Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.02% Drived from: Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Phosphates 1 bottle contains 1.23 fl oz (36ml).

Now I admit , I'm a complete noob when it comes to ferterlizers and mixes, ...my mind starts to go numb.

Can someone who knows what the heck they are doing, give me some advice in this department. Would this stuff be good for lets say..ficus and a fukien tea? I have a feeling its just some manufactured stuff for idiots like me, but meh, I can't win em all.

ynot
Greener Thumb

Sharp, No need for all that 'speciallist' junk,

Buy a balanced [wrt NP] fert in any garden center [10-10-10] or [20-20-20-] ect. It will work just fine.
BTW, there is No such thing as 'bonsai ferts'

More later if you need it, I am late to the dentist.
ynot
Last edited by ynot on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sharp

Thanks Ynot.

Its just that I already have the Green Green (the bottles came with it for free) So I'm kinda hoping to see if it will work and how does it stack up with the ones everybody suggests.

Good luck at the dentist. Get the gas, I always do. :P :D

femlow

Sharp,

It sounds like your fertilizers might be a little heavy on the nitrogen (probaby why its called Green Green, since nitrogen encourages green growth), however this shouldnt really be a problem, as long as you don't use it forever. Also, the high nitrogen may affect the flowering of your fukien tea (it can reduce the production of flowers, or can cause them to fall off prematurely), so you may not want to use it for that. A balanced fertilizer is best, like ynot said, however you will want to be sure that the ones you get are not too strong. Normally, fertilizers over 10-10-10 or so will risk burning your trees, so try to stay at that or below (this means you can get a 20-20-20, but you will want to add twice as much water as is recommended when mixing it, which will yield a 10-10-10).

fem

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

Sharp wrote:When I got my 1st bonsai, the street vendor gave me 2 bottles of this fertilizer called Green Green.

Ingredients: Total Nitrogen (TN) 0.005% Ammoniacal Nitrogen 0.003% Nitrate Nitrogen 0.002% Available Phosphate (p2O5) 0.01% Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.02% Drived from: Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Phosphates 1 bottle contains 1.23 fl oz (36ml).

Now I admit , I'm a complete noob when it comes to ferterlizers and mixes, ...my mind starts to go numb.

Can someone who knows what the heck they are doing, give me some advice in this department. Would this stuff be good for lets say..ficus and a fukien tea? I have a feeling its just some manufactured stuff for idiots like me, but meh, I can't win em all.
just want to say I have this also, and it seems to be manufactured stuff as you said. I don't know what makes me say this, but I wouldn't use it on bonsai...although I have some lucky bamboo, and it seems to work on that...

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”