larka5
Newly Registered

Re:I think I killed my juniper

Thank you for your replies....("ynot")
I live in Central California...near the coast but somewhat inland. Temps right now are about 70-80F during the day and about 55-65 at night.
During the winter, it gets down to freezing, only a few times a year.
The inside bark was moist and light green when I scratched it. Is there any hope? If so, what should I do? I have a small patio (yard) with no shade. I also have a atrium window in my kitchen. Again I would appreciate any advice.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Larka,

You wrote:
The inside bark was moist and light green when I scratched it. Is there any hope? If so, what should I do?
Green cambium means the tree is still alive. Please go back and re-read ynots previous posts, your tree belongs outside, especially considering your mild climate. A healthy Juniper does well in full sun but since your tree has been stressed, a little shade at mid-day might be a good idea.

In the future it is probably best to keep related posts in the same thread, much less confusing.

ynot
Greener Thumb

larka5 wrote:Thank you for your replies....("ynot")
I live in Central California...near the coast but somewhat inland. Temps right now are about 70-80F during the day and about 55-65 at night.
During the winter, it gets down to freezing, only a few times a year.
The inside bark was moist and light green when I scratched it. Is there any hope? If so, what should I do? I have a small patio (yard) with no shade. I also have a atrium window in my kitchen. Again I would appreciate any advice.
Your very welcome.
Gnomes suggestions are right on target. Your juniper will be fine wrt your expected temps.

It would be a good idea to PM the mod [Author of the sticky at the top of the thread list.] and ask them to move these posts into your previous thread.
Be sure to tell them the name of it or better yet provide a link to it. As Gnome mentioned it will prevent alot of confusion and duplicate posts. 8)

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”