pookie
Newly Registered

My bonsai is dying please help

I love my bonsai but I think that I have over fertilised it. I gave it some baby bio on the first day I bought it and don't think that I diluted it enough by far. the result is a dying wilted tree 2 days later.

What can I do to save it.

THanks

andrew

ynot
Greener Thumb

More details than that are required for anything even resembling an accurate diagnosis pookie.
Pictures would also be helpfull.
Where did it come from?, What species is it?, Where are you keeping it?, Where are you located?, Is it Bone dry?, Is it soaking wet?
What happened with the fert that makes you re: to it specifically?

All of these answers help us to help you. 8)

pookie
Newly Registered

ynot wrote:More details than that are required for anything even resembling an accurate diagnosis pookie.
Pictures would also be helpfull.
Where did it come from?, What species is it?, Where are you keeping it?, Where are you located?, Is it Bone dry?, Is it soaking wet?
What happened with the fert that makes you re: to it specifically?

All of these answers help us to help you. 8)
I am in harrogate near leeds. I'm not sure sure what it is but its a leafy one with littl oval leaves. I looks very common and is nothin exotic. I leave it on my windowcil in the day for sun and take it to my book shelf for the night. its
wet now because I drained the feed out of it with water but I'm not sur ehow to handle the situation

THanks

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Yes, window sills are not good places for plants as the temperature extremes between day and night are very extreme.

Generally speaking plants should be kept outside (in sheltered place in the winter). Some enthusiasts bury the pots of the plants in soil for the winter. However, glazed pots will crack if buried.

ynot
Greener Thumb

Please do try to determine the species [or post a picture] It is the time of year that knowing if it is a temperate or tropical tree is required, for the trees sake.

Explain in more detail about the fert please.

pookie
Newly Registered

I used baby bio. its the one that dilute with water in the brown bottl. I think that it has been around for years. I hvae also bought a babybio sprayer that you use on the leaves.

I have flushed the pot so to speak with water and got most of the undiluted fertiliser out.

What can I do now to ensure that it survives :oops: :oops:

ynot
Greener Thumb

pookie wrote:I used baby bio. its the one that dilute with water in the brown bottl. I think that it has been around for years. I hvae also bought a babybio sprayer that you use on the leaves.
Sorry If I was unclear, I don't need to know so much about which fert it is, Just the name will do.
I have flushed the pot so to speak with water and got most of the undiluted fertiliser out.
THIS I needed,To know what happened. I am understanding that you poured 'undilluted' fert on your tree? Right here some details off the bottle would be helpfulll. Well actually I do know of this secret place called google.
[I do know of Baby Bio. Was it this type? https://www.bayergarden.co.uk/products/237/1 ]
IE:
What is the standard ratio of dillution [5 to 1, 10 to 1, ect...?]

What are the listed #s for [N]Nitrogen, [P]Phosphurous, and [K]Potassium

Google tells me that the smallest bottle Has an NPK of 10.6: 4.4: 1.7
[Not that the npk#s will matter unless really really low] Which these are in fact fairly low.
[BTW a balanced fert would be far better for your tree- say a 10-10-10 dilluted to 1/2 strength. As opposed to this high N fert]
What can I do now to ensure that it survives :oops: :oops:
Nothing but Wait and See, The deed is allready done. There's simply no way of knowing if your tree has survived the [potentially] burning of your roots beyond repair with 10-4-1. You will know in a few weeks for sure.
Do not add any additional stress to your tree in the meantime.
Goodluck.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”