ynot
Greener Thumb

Petra,

Lets hear what your little ficus is up to.... An update please 8).

ynot

Petra26
Cool Member

ynot wrote:Petra,

Lets hear what your little ficus is up to.... An update please 8).

ynot
soon, ive got a test tonight after work. won't get home till after 11pm

ynot
Greener Thumb

I look forward to it. [img]https://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/cool/yo.gif[/img]

Later

ynot

:D

Petra26
Cool Member

oh, it has survived the repotting into the newer plastic pot. also it seemed to stop growing for awhile after the repotting and slicing off a good chunk of the fatty storage root at the bottom. but in the recent few weeks the growth has picked up. leaves are big and fat and it is getting much taller. I'm sure I will need to prune in the future to reduce the size.

overall I am glad that its growth has picked up again and survived the repotting/root pruning.

as for conditions, I just place the ficus infront of a window and leave the window open 24/7 and I water it whenever I remember :roll:

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Petra,

Glad to hear that your tree is recovering.
as for conditions, I just place the ficus infront of a window and leave the window open 24/7
I'm a little confused about this however. Is your window open this time of year or are you by any chance referring to curtains or shades of some sort? It seems rather cold for the former.

Norm

ynot
Greener Thumb

oh, it has survived the repotting into the newer plastic pot. also it seemed to stop growing for awhile after the repotting and slicing off a good chunk of the fatty storage root at the bottom.
A recovery period is to be expected, You had no problems adjusting to the new soil I take it.
but in the recent few weeks the growth has picked up. leaves are big and fat and it is getting much taller. I'm sure I will need to prune in the future to reduce the size.

overall I am glad that its growth has picked up again and survived the repotting/root pruning.
That is good to hear! It is nice to get feedback on a survival story :)
as for conditions, I just place the ficus in front of a window and leave the window open 24/7 and I water it whenever I remember :roll:
LOL :!:
Gnome, I assure you petra is kidding w/ this statement.

ynot

Petra26
Cool Member

actually I was not kidding. what I ment is that the curtains/blinds are open 24/7 so they get full light.

ynot
Greener Thumb

I think Gnome took it as the window was open, As opposed to the blinds...

As did I ....[Which is why I thought "she must be joking".]

but ok..

ynot :D

Petra26
Cool Member

hi hi. in case anyone was curious, I counted the leaves on my ficus. as of oct '06 it had 27 leaves (originally when I started my rescue in summer '06 only had 2 leaves >_<). as of feb '07 it currently has 39 leaves after a repot and mild root pruning

I will be posting some pictures soon, and updating on the progress of my ficus. I will be asking some more questions about the future of my ficus for the upcoming summer and possibly start some actually pruning and fertilizing. more to come possibly later tonight. along with some questions aswell

:wink:

ynot
Greener Thumb

Petra,

Thanks, I look forward to the update :D

That new soil is working out for you then I take it, Excellent.

ynot

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Petra,

I just went back and reviewed this entire thread and the other one you linked to. Your tree looked pretty bad in the picture you posted and now 39 leaves. :D It's good to hear that things are working out for you.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”