Mini Mango!

My BAOBAB seed GERMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S THE MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR and DREAMING OF!

It has FINELY germinated! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Small step for the seed - giant step for my experience. (lol)
The door has opened towards my FIRST Bonsai Baobab EVER!! I'm sure it's probably a loooooooong way to go to have a BONSAI of it, but I'm sure it will be worth waiting and seeing it grow!! :D

Oh I'm so so so sooooo HAPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY so I've decided to share my F.A.N.T.A.B.I.L.O.U.S. news with you guys!
I'll be keeping you updated with the pics!

Actually, that was a piece of cake germinating the seed... if you know the right way to do it, of course.. First time it was just a 'disaster', let's call it that way.
I had already successfully germinated many date seeds, in less than a WEEK!
So I thought to myself, date palms and baobab trees grow both in hot and sandy countries, so they should have a similar way of germination.

So last week I've put the baobab seeds for a couple of days in water, then put them in a plastic container with moist soil/sand. Yup moist, and not just damped. If the soil would be only slightly damped (like they tell you "how to germinate date seeds") I would, probably, be still waiting for them to give me a sign of life! Aaanywhooo, after hiding the seeds in the soil, I closed the container well, and put it in the sunny spot on my terrace.
And after a few days (didn't count the days - this will be for my next batch lol), I saw a huge fat root coming out of the seed. And I didnt' even vile nor crack the seeds, or anything like it!

[img]https://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/Umm-Ameenah/baobabseed.jpg[/img]

Happy Gardening :flower: ,
MM
"They know, they just know where to grow, how to dupe you, and how
to camouflage themselves among the perfectly respectable plants, they
just know
, and therefore, I've concluded weeds must have brains."
-- Dianne Benson

webmaster
Site Admin

Congratulations!
:lol: