manofthetrees

copper coated aluminum for training

hey y'all, another question id hope you could help me with. I am planing to do some wire training (first time) .I'm to the point of buying wire but need some advice. what is better; copper, aluminum or copper coated aluminum? a few sites claim the later is the best of both worlds :easy to bend,sturdier and reusable.
has anyone used this stuff? thanks for any info.

JTred
Green Thumb

IMO, for a novice, use whichever is cheapest, which is probably aluminum. Make sure to get different gauges so you can adjust the size of the wire for the size of the branches.

manofthetrees

the price is not really an option ,this is something I have started and am not stopping. :D I have 4 trees that need varying degrees of wiring now and 3 others that will be in the next couple years I figured I would buy enough and have it.
the cppr/alumium mix is mid priced . jst wondering if this stuff is really the best of both worlds ( easier to bend than copper,better holding power than aluminum)

manofthetrees

jst an update... I went with colored aluminum wire. I bought a set of 100g wire 1mm- 4mm and it was perfect.a supply store is selling a "special blend " of copper and aluminum and was jst curious. ill post pics wen I finally can. it was a fun experiance you really get to know your trees

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”