icecold210891
Newly Registered

help mold!!!

ok so I was told by my local garden shop that if you blend moss with milk and pour it onto where you want the moss to grow it will in fact grow there. so I followed his direction and now ive got mold growing in the pots I put hte mix in... ive got aroud 10 plants growing the ones in question are grapefruit trees that havnt gone for lack of a better term "woody" yet, they range in size from 3-7"... anyway I live in Maine and its starting to get cold here so I brought them inside and I have been misting htem when ever I think about it to give them a humid climate and I havnt had issues with them yet, until I put the "instamoss" on them... the ones that didnt get the moss treatment are fine. I pretty much just want to know what I did wrong and how to fix it, so far it dosnt look like the trees have been affected. pictures to come.

Sunnydaze

Hey there!

Just out of interest, what colour is the mold? I've had to deal with a white, fuzzy variety, and I'll tell you what I did that seems to be working.

To start, remove ALL of the mold, and at least a few centimetres (maybe half an inch?) below that. You may want to take off more than that, but it's up to you. I took off the entire top layer and then some just to make sure. To keep the mold away I used a diluted vinegar solution and dabbed it around the base of my plant, as well as sprayed the solution lightly on top of the soil. I repeated that once a day for a few days, and it seems to have kept the mold away and it hasn't harmed my plants.

As to what you've done wrong, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will jump in with an answer (and maybe a better solution :wink: )

Good luck!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”