desh
Newly Registered

Another Bonsai Newbie

I have just received a gift via UPS of an Indoor Bougainvillea "Pixie" . Explanation - the edges of the majority of the leaves are white with white specks working from the edge inward at the point (outer) edges. The trunk is also greenish about two inches up from the dirt. It lost all its pink flowers and some upper leaves in transit. My question - Does this plant have a disease, already, or is this natural?

I hate to complain to the sender but don't want them paying for something that is a problem from the start.

I plan to check out the greengarden works & bonsai4me sites as was suggested to another newbie by itunescape once I know the health of this new plant. (I am not good at keeping houseplants alive for long as it is.)

Thanks for any help you can share.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

desh,

Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sorry to say that this is a species that I am not familiar with. Perhaps one of our more southerly growers can offer some help.

My thoughts are that it would not be uncommon for a plant to drop its flowers in transit but the white coloring may be another matter. Perhaps you could try to contact the actual vendor and see what they have to say.

Norm

djlen
Green Thumb

Sounds like it might be a variegated variety. Did you see a picture of the plant when you ordered it? If it did not have the white I would ask the vendor if they sent you one that is variegated.
Very possible that the dark during transit is the culprit with regard to the blossoms dropping.
That's the only explanation I can come up with.

djlen
Green Thumb

A 'normal' Bougie:

https://www.SPAM - MEMBERS: PLEASE REPORT THIS POST.com/plants/bougainvillea-pink-pixie-images-large-129397/

Variegated varieties:
https://bougainvilleas.us/bougainvilleas/variegated/

Does yours look anything like these?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”