Sharp

Fukien tea n flowering

What is the ideal factor that makes these things flower.

I know not to spray the flowers once there, but what is it?

I have a what seems healthy fukien tea, its growing well, looks healthy and aside from a few pests (which i fixed) its doing wonderful. Although it will pop a flower here and there, then they soon die off and hang there. Do i pluck the dead flower off? Leave it?

Its got several buds forming and I want to keep them for as long as possible.

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

the only thing i know is make sure it gets a lot of sun during growth 4 or more hours is best, although 3 is minimum. The more light it gets, the more whit flowers. As for plucking them off...i cant say. all i know is what i told you..i don't know much about fukien tea.

Sharp

JoeLewko wrote:the only thing i know is make sure it gets a lot of sun during growth 4 or more hours is best, although 3 is minimum. The more light it gets, the more whit flowers. As for plucking them off...i cant say. all i know is what i told you..i don't know much about fukien tea.

Well Ive been wanting to put it outside but as Ive tried to acclimate it to outdoors its seemed too harsh. Temps have finally cooled since the 105deg days, so hopefully now that ive got it outside it will do better.

All in all its done so well indoors though. I might just leave in....if these flowers don't bloom.

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

yeah 105 would be too hot...just as long as it gets enough light it should be ok. Also, if its doing fine, leave it. don't forget though, fukien tea is a sub-tropical tree, so the more it is outside in summer, the better off it will be.

Sharp

Well i left it outside today and when i got back all the green shoots where drooping and looked like even 90deg is too much heat.

I think ill stick with indoors, perhaps raising the humidity and light lvls.

JoeLewko
Green Thumb

that should work. like i said,m i don't know much about fukien tea, but it doesnt seem to be very hardy...from what you are describing at least.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”