kamka
Newly Registered

Dear Norm

I wanted to say that there is no much to do about it at this moment and that any changes might kill him also like reppoting, transporting etc. Unfortunately yesterday I took off few layers of the soil from the top to see if the soil is to much clayed, and I found not so many small white worms in it. And small white insects. As I found out the worms are result of over watering or bad soil. And when they have eaten all food in the soil they start to eat the roots.
The trunk is still alive, so I guess its dying slowly. There is only one expert for yamadori bonsai in Macedonia and I ll wait for his return in the town next week if he can save him.
However I would like to thank you for all your help and I ll be happy to inform you with any good news.

All the best
Kamka

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

kamka,

Sorry to hear about the worms, most likely fungus gnats. I know that I was not too anxious to have you repot now but in light of this new information it may be better than leaving it as things stand.

We did not talk much yet about soils. I assumed that you did not have access to anything appropriate. Do you? Have you read our sticky about soils?
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3422

I'm sorry that I was not able to help you more. Please let us know how it turns out and if it's bad news don't let it discourage you from bonsai. It is an unfortunate truth that all of us kill trees, more in the beginning. As I mentioned there are other species that would do better in your home.

Norm

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

kamka,

What did you decide? Have you taken any action yet?

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”