love2Boutside
Newly Registered

Help! I am the frightened owner of a bonsai!

I received a bonsai tree for a wedding present on July 4th! I live in Zone 9, zephyrhills, Fl, and while away on my honeymoon, my bonsai stayed inside being watered about 1/i2 cup daily, with no sunshine. I am home now, and have placed the tree on my front porch where it receives afternoon sun only, indirect sun in the am, and rain daily. When it doesn't rain I water it a little. It has some brown areas, and seems to be rising up in the middle of the pot. I have read many posts here, feel a bit overwhelmed, but I am an experienced gardener and really would like to be successful in this bonsai experience. I feel like the tree is not secured in the pot, but I see lots of drainage holes on the bottom and through them a mesh is visible, so it may be wired to the pot. It wobbles a little when moved. I have photos which I will post next. Oh, It seems to drain well when watered and dries out when the sun shines. Any advice about what to do first, what to look for in terms of evidence of problems, or changes I should make in terms of care, location, or weekly/daily/monthly maintenance. Thanks :o

love2Boutside
Newly Registered

Just to add, I wasn't able to post photos, I don't find a thumbnail box to past into this message, any ideas on how to use photobucket album and attach it here? I'd really like to share photos with experts....

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

love2Boutside,

Welcome to the froum. Look here for instructions for posting photos.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Nprm

love2Boutside
Newly Registered

I have read, searched photobucket for thumbnails, img numbers, etc. with no luck. left hand corners do not contain any such thing on photobucket. I don't really want to work this hard at it. Too much time spent trying and failing.But thanks for the message anyway.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

love2Boutside,

I'm sorry that you are having difficulty with Photobucket. I don't use that service so I can't offer any specific advice. The instructions I refered you to are several years old, perhaps their format has changed.

Norm

linlaoboo
Green Thumb

lovetoboutside,

I feel sorry for you and your tree and the fact it needs help but there's not a picture showing what it is even for experts on here to help it. good luck.

BewilderedGreenyO.o
Green Thumb

I'm guessing that you've already got the pictures on photobucket. The next step is to just simply "hover" your mouse over the picture. When you do that a little box will come up with all the codes. Simply copy and paste the "IMG code" (which should be the last code listed) into your reply and thats it! Very Very simple really. Its not difficult and really doesn't take much effort at all.

Marsman
Green Thumb

I use Photobucket myself.

[img]https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Bonsai/Various%20Hosting%20Pics/Photobucket.jpg[/img]

When you hover over the picture, it will present a drop-down box like in the picture above. Click on the text in the box next to IMG Code and right-click & copy it. Then paste it in the box here at the forum. it will look like this:

(IMG)https://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/marsman61/Bonsai/Various%20Hosting%20Pics/Photobucket.jpg(/IMG)

Except yours will have square brackets instead of rounded ones around the IMG and /IMG. I changed those show it will show up as text here.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”