iskhan
Cool Member

Suggest a Tree and Fertilizer

I am living in Karachi having temperature between 10C to 54C. and heavy humidity.
Here 90% people doesn't know bonsai so there is nothing for bonsai.
I create my own pots and make soil having 40% sand and 60% Compost.
Also your suggestion required regarding bonsai fertilizers:
1) Can I use Tea as a fertilizer just like we used in normal gardening?If YES how much?
2) Can I use Dry Manure Powder as a fertilizer just like we used in normal gardening?If YES how much?
3) Can I use Wood Powder as a fertilizer?If YES how much?
I am interesting in Jambolan because Jambolan trees are growing normally.
What is your recommendation?

Victrinia Ridgeway

Tea is generally fine... it's hard to burn with that kind of organic fert. I would stick with that... dry manure can be a bit hot for trees in a pot enviornment... so I would avoid that unless it is really composted. But the tea should be more than enough.

I'm a little concerned that you have too much organics, but if it's a tropical tree... it could tolerate it. Pots can hold more water than the ground if there is a lot of organics matter... so just be careful not to overwater. Do you have access to crushed lava, pumice, or perlite? Any of those lava components would be a good thing, and the particle size is larger than sand, so when it's watered, more air will be drawn into the soil, and the water will flush out better. I avoid sand as a general rule.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia
La belle cose prendono tempo... (Beautiful things take time...)

iskhan
Cool Member

What about Wood Powder as a fertilizer?
I have no access to crushed lava, pumice, or perlite.
The grains of my sand are approx. o to O size.
Yes my emphasize in organic fertilizer because I am living in a city and inorganic fertilizer is available in rural areas in 50KG bag so it is very expensive.

Victrinia Ridgeway

I'm not familiar with wood powder fertilizers. But it does sound like your sand particles are more than large enough. So between that and the tea, your trees should be fine.

Sometimes when having to use less than "ideal" materials, you just have to take a chance with what you have available and see how that goes.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia
La belle cose prendono tempo... (Beautiful things take time...)

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”