Roots
Newly Registered

Questions regarding Juniper and Climate

I live in Colorado, if that helps any. But my main question is regarding spiders because the place in which I have to keep my Juniper is also a popular place for spiders, I don't know what kind they are but will they harm my tree?

Also Colorado can have some colder winters, is there anytime I'd want my Juniper indoors?

Lastly I really want to make sure my tree is always watered correctly so I bought this https://www.cwpmeters.com/proddetail.php?prod=CW520&cat=168 but now I am worried that this model may be too big and could harm my tree, thoughts? :shock:

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Roots,

Spiders don't really pose a threat to trees that I am aware of. If they are actually Spider Mites, they can be a problem. They are very small and usually occur in greater numbers. A solitary spider is not a concern.

Juniper should never be kept inside. I have had mine outside when temperatures have dipped below 0F on several occasions. Proper protection is, of course, required but you have a while before that becomes an issue. :wink:

I don't rely on a meter so I can't comment on that.

Norm

Roots
Newly Registered

Thanks Norm, I went outside today and noticed about 5 (after looking really hard for me) fly like things, it was just like a fly but alot smaller, do they pose a threat? And if they do, could anymore recommend a product?

Thanks,
Alex

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”