lalalaura
Newly Registered

BONSAI TREES

Hi

I'm laura and I got a mini bonsai growing kit for my Christmas. I planted the seeds and I got one seed that germinated immediately. This morning I saw another one come through in the same pot. I think I need to remove this new plant from the tray and put it in another tray but I have NO IDEA how to go about it without harming it! Do I just pull it out??

The tree that started growing immediately is around 5 months old. It started with a black bit on the end of it, it has grown to about 1.5 inches high and has loads of wee branches. Do you know what kind of tree it is by just that?? I've been looking around the internet trying to find out but with no luck! Also does it make a difference if its from a kit sold in a bookshop?

Laura

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Hey LLL!

These questions are always best answered by posting on the forum that it applies to , in this case the[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1]Bonsai Forum[/url]

And without an image, no, we can't tell. Best to post a pic...

HG

love11

don't just pull it out use a spoon or a spade and slovel out the soil underneath the roots and gentily from the soil beneth the roots lift the soil and the tree along with it then gentily place it in new container.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”