bonsai101
Newly Registered

Are humidity stones the order of the day???

Hi, Bonsai enthusiasts

My young serissa foetida has recently decided to shed quite a few more leaves than possible :cry: . As the tree is kept inside I decided due to the weather here in England being nice to place my tree outside. I'm hoping that this will help the tree develop some new growth and vigour. I have been researching on th web and found out that the a cause of the problem could be low humidity levels but have not yet found out how to deal with common prob yet. Has anyone got any suggestions???,
they woud much appreciated

Thanks,
Josh. :roll:

Zombiefreak
Cool Member

Outside humidity may be enough but if you want or need to add additional humidity find a humidty tray for it or use a flower pot drain pan one prefferebly with a ridge in the middle so that you can place the bonsai pot on the ridge and leave water around the side [img]C:\New%20Folder\001.jpg[/img]
this is what I use and here is an example of how. You could also get one of these pans and put a bed of large stones or gravel into it the put water intoi the tray below the level of the rocks that way you bonsai pot doesn't sit directyl in the water absorbing water through the drainage hole[img]C:\New%20Folder\006.jpg[/img] Hope this helps. I also hope my pictures work

Zombiefreak
Cool Member

Outside humidity may be enough but if you want or need to add additional humidity find a humidty tray for it or use a flower pot drain pan one prefferebly with a ridge in the middle so that you can place the bonsai pot on the ridge and leave water around the side [img]C:\New%20Folder\001.jpg[/img]
this is what I use and here is an example of how. You could also get one of these pans and put a bed of large stones or gravel into it the put water intoi the tray below the level of the rocks that way you bonsai pot doesn't sit directyl in the water absorbing water through the drainage hole[img]C:\New%20Folder\006.jpg[/img] Hope this helps. I also hope my pictures work I'll repost with picture later right now I'm leaving for work

bonsai101
Newly Registered

Oh Ok,

I will try this tray idea and I will get back to you with the hopefully good results!!. Cheers. :wink:

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”