Zombiefreak
Cool Member

Blushing Bride Hibiscus "Bonsai"

I just purchased one of the trees today it has a very nice thick trunk and some wonderfull springy braches that seem willing to lend themself well to the idea of wiring I know this is not a common bonsai as the hibiscus are generally tropical. Any info and suggestions would be wonderfull. I chose this tree"shrub" because of its pliabilty which may lend itself to being a double edged sword when it comes to wiring. It has a beatufill trunk with nice natural jin or deadwood and has a another natural jin on one of the branches. I would love to know how well these trees lend themself to pruning. I'm aware that repotting at this time of year may kill the tree but its kind of a need to situation seeing how this tree is nursery stock and is in a deep pot with lots of shaggy roots that need to be trimmed back. I will post a picture of my find If I can figure out how. I'm brand new to the board a new to Bonsai as well but I have a passion for it already thats why I would love suggestions any info I learn would be wonderfull. I have several books as well which I page through and read almost daily.So I hope I'm starting on my lifleong hobby of creating beautifull bonsai by taking things in th eright direction in my first steps.

Thanks sinecerly Matt Zombie

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Check and see if there is a bonsai club in your area. Local experts knowledge is the best as they have worked in your climate and know best about what to do.

Read the information that Scott and Roger have posted on the website and give the sticky atop the forum a read.

Zombiefreak
Cool Member

Thanks for the info, any and all education is wonderfull when it comes to these trees. I do have a Bonsai club nearby they also have inexpensie yearly dues. I have yet to join them but plan on doing so soon. If anyone read this is in the southern Ohio area here is a link to the greater cincinnati bonsai society. [url]https://www.cincinnatibonsai.com/[/url]

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”