mrsgreenthumbs

Bonsai Bio dome - I would like your opinion

https://www.officeplayground.com/Bonsai-Village-BioDome-P950.aspx

Now I was interested in having some plants at work. Should be fun, and I ran across this little bio dome. Seems pretty but the picture looks... well either shopped or just flat out fake so I read over the list of plant's they send with the dome, Butterfly bush? As far as I knew they get HUGE. And the bonsai.. would they even survive being planted with these other plants in such a humid environment? I don't know much about bonsai, if anything at all really. Would all this survive in a VERY sunny location? My "office" is all window's.
Words of wisdom from the women of my family:

"I poured my dish water out the pan over my plants and never once in all my 96 years have I wasted money on "BUG SPRAY"!'

"Aww honey all you gotta do is love something to make it grow."

Marsman
Green Thumb

It's a gimmick. You're growing everything from seed in that kit. And, no, it won't look anything like the picture.

If you want to have fun, give it a shot. But for me, I'd rather take the $25 + shipping and go to a nursery and buy a nice plant or tree. For a sunny office spot, buy a nice jade plant for your desk.

Bottom Line: Don't buy it.

mrsgreenthumbs

Thanks a bunch Marsman, I figured better to ask and know rather than waste 25 bucks...
Words of wisdom from the women of my family:

"I poured my dish water out the pan over my plants and never once in all my 96 years have I wasted money on "BUG SPRAY"!'

"Aww honey all you gotta do is love something to make it grow."

Gnome
Mod

Marsman wrote:It's a gimmick...I'd rather take the $25 + shipping and go to a nursery and buy a nice plant or tree. Bottom Line: Don't buy it.
Could not agree more. Your money could be better spent.

Norm

Bonsai Nutcase

Ditto!
Angela

To those who say "We can't afford to go green" I say "We can't afford not to".

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

My friend Julie works in an office with cubicles and she says most everyone there has jades. Easiest to keep alive since they require little watering, and not much light. It'll grow quicker with alot of windows, but can be constrained in a small pot.
Home Gardener from Austin, TX; by way of Iowa.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”