GardenerX

soon to be my new tree's

Hey Everyone,

ok I found a few tree's online I realy want, the first one is a - Trainquility Bonsai Plant - kinda funny looking but also cool to look at the other is either - Ko-Ku-Ho Japanese White Pine - or - Jaboticaba Fruit Tree Plant - I'm not realy sure witch one I want, I know I want the Trainquility one but the Pine I have millions of in my yard, could I just take one of those and put it in a pot???? If so i'll just get the fruit tree :) well any comments will be appreciated TY.......
signed GardenerX,
Plants are children of Mother Earth and Father Time, as they cling to their mother for comfort today, Father Time works his ways to shape their FUTURE...

WatchMeShove

trees

Is tranquility bonsai plant an actual species or just the name whoever you are buying it from gave it? Also, I have never raised pines myself, but I have heard they are hard species to take care of because they are evergreens. Deciduous plants are much more forgiving when it comes to chopping all the branches off at once, with evergreens the plant will probably die if all the foliage is removed. If you are new to bonsai, you should probably buy a whole bunch of junipers, they are cheap and very easy to take care of. Although, they are evergreens too, you would never want to chop all the branches off a juniper.

GardenerX

thx for the info, oh and im not sure bout the name of Trainquility i've looked it up and found some stuff but its not realy a bonsai its a succulent or w/e..... so it would be very unusual they also have a nice ficus I was just now looking at. oh and at our local garden store they have Dwarf Junipers, Japanese Boxwoods, and Azaleas, how would Azaleas work out for a flowering one and would the Boxwood and Junipers work......
signed GardenerX,
Plants are children of Mother Earth and Father Time, as they cling to their mother for comfort today, Father Time works his ways to shape their FUTURE...

WatchMeShove

trees

a dwarf juniper would be a perfect plant to start with, if they are cheap buy like 5 or 10 of them and see what you can do. Be aware that cutting the roots to fit the plant in a bonsai pot will slow the plants growth rate drastically, so if you are trying to grow the trunk larger then let it grow in a regular pot for a year or two. Japanese boxwoods are cool too but kinda boring in my opinion. Azaleas should be fine, however all my azaleas (I have 15 of them) are still very small and years away from a bonsai pot, so I do not really know if they are going to be difficult or not yet. Juniper and boxwood are the best way to go for a beginner. -Paul

GardenerX

thx, oh and how do you feel about Moss Gardens I just heard about them I'm makeing 2 mini ones in Bonsai Pots I think it's supose to go with somthing like a zen garden I'm not sure......
signed GardenerX,

Tachigi
Cool Member

You have listed a bunch of different varieties. I would consider your skill level first. If your at an entry level I would suggest Junipers, Yews, Bald Cypress, Trident maples.....these trees will take the abuse (and survive) that can be given from someone just learning.

They are also relatively fast growing and will keep your interest up and give you something to do and not let your passion wane
Cheers, Tom

North Star Bonsai

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”