votiga
Newly Registered

chinese elm

Hi I bought a chineese elm a year ago, I don't have much experience on bonsi, any way it is dying if not already dead, I was told to spry it daily and keep it moist, I did that just fine, I have had to leav it with a friend for a couple of weeks, and I noticed it was drying up the leaves where turning yellow and falling off, it is completley dry now and I keep it in my small kitchen it is around ''11'' inches tall, please can any one help me, I feel there is still life in it yet, can it b saved

Marsman
Green Thumb

Victor,

Was the tree kept outside at all? It needs a cold/dormant period to rest up and it may be very stressed out. Mine are outside on the snow right now, taking a nap.

If you could, please [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]post a picture[/url] of the tree for us.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Victor,

Hello and welcome, Dry yellow leaves sounds as if it was allowed to go dry. Did you soak it thoroughly upon your return?

Your watering method is unclear to me.
I was told to spry it daily and keep it moist, I did that just fine
I assume that you watered the soil properly in addition to the misting. What did your friend do while you were away?

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”