kit_kat
Newly Registered

bonsai question

i´m a youngster over here. I found this site coz I needed help with my bonsai which i´ve got as a Christmas present from my boyfriend. The problem is that I didn´t know nothing about this plant, so I left for vacations for almost 3 weeks and left my tree at home, when I came back it was dry (before me leaving it was preparing to give me flovers :( ) so now I don´t know if it´s dead or if I still can do something with it... Can you give me any advice?

Thank you :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

HI and welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. It's amazing how worldwide our members are at this point.

I took the liberty of moving your post to the bonsai forum, so that more people would see your question who might be able to answer it.

However, I don't think people will be able to help you much with out knowing more, like what kind of tree you have, what conditions is it being kept under, soil, light, how it looks. etc. Best along with giving more info would be to post a couple pictures of your tree. Here are instructions for that:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

In the meantime to get a sense of whether it is dead or not, scratch into the bark a little bit. If it is green underneath, the tree is not dead. If all the wood is brown and dry, tree is probably dead.

MC Mixin Bricks

Even if your tree doesn't make it, I suggest you keep the pot/tray it came with. containers aren't cheap. Thank you for joining the forum also.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”