Gnome
Mod

Rosaelyn,

First, congratulations and we would very much like the opportunity to see your work at the appropriate time. Victrinia makes a very good point about soils, this has been discussed endlessly in pretty much every book and forum.

How about 'Mallsai', the bane of bonsai enthusiasts or a gateway to a lifelong hobby? What are the pros and cons? Not sure what your experiences with them have been, just an idea.

Norm

Rosaelyn

Funny you should mention "mallsai," Norm. My first tree, my Fukien Tea, is a reformed mallsai, and I have been thinking about using my experiences with her as an idea for an article. :)

One of my thoughts was "How to be Noob at Bonsai in 10 Easy Steps." hehe
Rosaelyn @}>---'---,---

If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees. ~ Hal Borland

Victrinia Ridgeway

hehehe... she had best read Will Heath's article on mallsai since he's a member of her club... :P

I'm still voting for the internet article. :wink: It's pros, cons, and how it's changing the experiance of newer learners. Heck... I might have to write an article on it from my own point of view. lol

Victrinia
La belle cose prendono tempo... (Beautiful things take time...)

Rosaelyn

I believe Will Heath is a member of our sister club, Four Seasons, he is not a member of the Ann Arbor club, to my knowledge. However, he is doing a workshop for us coming up soon. (One of those I get to take pictures of and write a review for.) :)

Jerry Mieslik, however, is a lifelong member, and a student of our most experienced member, Jack Wikle.

I think that is what I enjoy the most about the club - Jack is knowledgeable and the most helpful and friendly guy I have met so far. I took a trip to a nursery with our club back in October, and Jack helped me pick out a few trees that I cannot wait to begin to work with come spring. I enjoy reading everything that Jack has wrote in his many years with AABS as well.
Rosaelyn @}>---'---,---

If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees. ~ Hal Borland

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”