pj12181

Ohio Spring Trimming

So. My Blue Star, did not make it through the winter. This must my a learning process. I was gone for two months, I think I starved it of light by putting it indores, in a room between houses and with not as much light as it should have got, also while on my trip the caretaker did not water it correctely. Anyway, long drama. I do have a few Maples in the ground that I have saved from the weed pickers! They are wounderfull, but I would like to trim them. Ill put up a few pics, someone let me know where not to cut as not to damage my trees. Thanks.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Well, I'm guessing that you have young maples and you'll be wanting to thicken the trunks first so, don't go cutting all the branches off! You can't really harm maples by pruning them, when I did a bonsai course years ago, we took maybe 90% of the tree off.

Just choose a style and hack away.

Though, if the trees are really young, let them grow a bit first.

pj12181

Now, how do I post pictures? I would like to show you the trees, and get your opinion on how to trim. they are kinda wild, but I think they will prove to be very interesting to you. again how do I post a picture?

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Ha ha ha! Wow, I've recieved that question three times in the past 24 hours. I'll post a tutorial in here for you......................

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode#9

There you go.

pj12181

Well that helps, but not really, because my photo's are not on the net. Well ill figure that out maybe. Thanks anyways, maybe if you would like an email that could be done. Let me know, Thanks.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”