deborahreid5
Newly Registered

Glued Rocks

Hello, I'm new to Bonsai gardening. And have just recieved my first Bonsai tree from my children for mothers day. I live in Canada, winters are mean. And I'm not sure if it would truly live out there. But my biggest problem is the rocks. The whole thing is glued together. Everything is in a big glued clump.I read in another post to be carefull removing them and such. The only way I can see that working is to smash the rocks with a hammer, and that is not carefull. Any ideas?
DEBB

"UPDATE"

I soaked my glued rocks,dirt, and tree. The rocks lifted off in a solid layer, away from the dirt. I was then able to snap the rock layer off of the tree. I then threw out the gluey rocks and replaced them, added an angel and alls complete. I just wanted to know if what I did will harm my tree. I figured since it was a common Canadian Juniper it will live. But I'm always open to a second opion.
DEBB :lol:

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

You may wish to give your tree a dose of root stimulant diluted as per instructions on the bottle. Just to allow any damaged roots to heal. Keep it well watered.

deborahreid5
Newly Registered

Thanks for the advice. I will do that.
DEBB

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Be sure to dilute the liquid root stimulant as per the directions on the bottle such that you do not burn the roots. And keep in mind that you have a small tree here and a small tree needs MUCH LESS stimulant than a large tree.

Good luck with your tree.

deborahreid5
Newly Registered

Thanks for your help. I really don't want to kill it. I had know idea these trees really needed so much care. This Web site has been very helpfull. DEBB :lol:

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”