mosk1640
Cool Member

New Black Olive Bonsai - Question

I have placed this beautiful specimen under 2 high powered flurescents with also a "grow" light distanced far enough away so the heat doesnt fry it. Its on my desk in my office.

My question is: How much should I mist this with a water bottle?? Does it require a lot of humidity? Also, Ive had "some" leaf drop when I got it but I am assuming its from the initial shock from being shipped from Florida to NY this time of year.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Matt

djlen
Green Thumb

Matt, some people mist often during the day and some put a drip tray under the plant with small stones in it and fill it with water. Then set the Bonsai pot on the stones. The effect of each or both together is minimal but every little bit helps. If your office is dry (I'm assuming it's your home office) you could also set a couple of bowls of water near it and as it evaporates into the atmosphere it humidifies it, in theory. Or you could buy a humidifier.:)

Almost all plants except for cacti and succulents like humidity. I think the leaf drop is from the temps. it experienced on the way up from Florida and also to a small degree from the darkness for whatever time it was in the box.

mosk1640
Cool Member

Thanks a bunch!!! Ill keep doing what I'm doing then...I already do see new growth..my lighting I'm providing seems more than adequate.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”