zewald

Pine Sapling

Hey guys, long time no see.

(or hear from) haha.

So first of all, is there a way to search for specific topics in this forum? cuz I couldn't figure it out, and if there's not, then that would be a great tool.

Second, I have a pine sapling that I grew from seed, and initially it grew extremely fast. I planted it in march of this year, and it has grown to a height of 3 inches but for the past month or two has dropped off. it hasn't grown at all. I know its almost winter, and that thats gonna slow growth significantly, but I was wondering about it since it stopped growing so long ago. I tried to look for related topics so as not to bother you guys, but like I pointed out earlier, I couldn't find a search function.

Anyway, is there a specific time (in the tree's life) which I should put the sapling in an actual pot? I have it in a tiny training one right now. (I know that shouldn't happen until spring anyway but I thought I should ask now) and also, I say training pot, but in all actuality, its a small, clear plastic cup that I cut drainage holes into, is that gonna prove to be a fatal error?

thanks in advance for any info.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

RE the search. Did you really miss where it says SEARCH THE FORUM in the horizontal menu across the top?

[CLICK HERE TO JOIN... GARDEN FORUM....GARDENING ARTICLES... PROFILE... SEARCH THE FORUM... LOG OUT ]

Click on SEARCH THE FORUM and it will take you to (surprise!) a search query dialogue box, where you can enter keywords and search the whole forum or any particular section(s) of it.

Re your baby tree, you don't have a sapling, you have a seedling. As such you just want to grow it out for awhile. It should be in a bigger pot. Do you have it indoors? I'm not a bonsai grower, but I think pine, like juniper does not do well as an indoor tree. It does go dormant in winter and that is determined by length of day, not by temps.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”