Andy D

Fukien Tea

Hi I have a Fukien tea tree that I keep outside during the summer. I'm trying to figure out how to shape it with wire but I have no idea what a good style is. Any suggestions?

josh1812@live.com

See the main trunk are there more than one or just one? Is it straight or curved, does it have any cool formation that you would like to accent? Post it and I'll be glad to help! :)

Andy D

/Users/philipdonaldson/Desktop/Fukien 2
/Users/philipdonaldson/Desktop/Fukien 1[/img]

Andy D

Pictures didn't work. can you explain how to upload pictures

Andy D

Well I cant upload a picture but the trunk is very curvy and goes of to the side at about a 45 degree angle. There are branches on all sides of the trunk going to the side or slightly down. The branches are stiff but thats just the nature of a fukien tea. I feel like I could taper the length of the branches and straighten them out to do a sort of informal upright style. your thoughts[/img]

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Andy,
Pictures didn't work. can you explain how to upload pictures
Sorry I missed this when you posted it. In order to display pictures here you must first host them on third party site and then link to them.

Here are some suggested sites and brief instructions.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Norm

japanpsyhic
Cool Member

If the trunk is curvy, I would suggest you make the branches angle upward, and shape. Something that would compliment the curves. Look online, at google images. I got my idea from there.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”