bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Creation of indoor bonsai forum

Seeing as there have been four subdivisions of the original bonsai forum (bonsai forum, bonsai identification, bonsai archives, bonsai gallery), I was wandering if it might be a good idea to create and indoor bonsai subdivision as well. About 50%+ of the posts here are about indoor bonsai it seems.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

bonsaiboy,

That certainly is something to be considered, stay tuned.

Norm

webmaster
Site Admin

That's an interesting idea. I'd like to hear feedback from other members about this. Should we have an indoor bonsai forum?

How about expanding our bonsai categories in order to offer categories about specific trees and specific styles?

arborrelli

I think an indoor bonsai forum would be great.

Maybe instead of categories about specific trees, maybe one for Conifers and Deciduous each?

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

It might work to have separate forums for the styles, but some bonsai don't adhere to any one style specifically (maybe size would work better, like a mame and shohin forum?). I don't know how well a forum for angiosperm (broadleaf) and gymnosperm (conifer) bonsai will work either, seeing as people who are new to bonsai and gardening may not know them apart. However, they are possibilities that should be considered.

somegeek

I'd dig it. :)

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

I think an indoor and outdoor sub category would be nice. I'm thinking of trying bonsai out next year(with something easy), and knowing which is better for inside or outside would be great.

Roger C. Pilotti
Newly Registered

I fall into the category of those who aren't always sure if a tree/plant is a considered to be "inside or outside" :? I enjoy reading every message that is posted and as a result, have learned a lot about about both catagories.

I'm new here but in my opinion the forum is great just the way it is,"if it ain't broke don't fix it" :)

Roger

manIK

I'm on the fence.

Being a newb to bonsai, I enjoy reading all posts that have good info without having to jump around to different subforums, however I am strictly indoors.

Not sure if a separate indoor section would benefit the forum since most newbs can't tell the difference between indoor and out so there's going to be either A) lots of post being juggled around and B) replies that start off, wrong forum, try posting in etc etc...

bewildered_nmsu

I think an indoor bonsai forum is a good idea. I think a "sick bonsai forum" would be even more appropriate. This would make it such that the Bonsai Forum and the Bonsai Photo Gallery could be reserved for actually projects and photo progressions instead of sick bonsai/beginner help threads.

webmaster
Site Admin

Well we did it, we created an [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=40]Indoor Bonsai forum[/url]. Thanks bonsaiboy for the suggestion. :)

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”