maghanem
Newly Registered

Dying Bonsai

Dear Sir;
I might be facing a serious problem with my Bonsai tree (MACROPHYLLA) it is 40 cm high and I noticed week ago that all the leaves started to fade then some starting to dry and fall, also I notice small white insects in the soil, I spray it with medicine then they all gone, I started also to spray the tree with water twice a day since then, some advice to add some fertilization. Please advice what to do as I feel I am losing my tree.

P.S.: The trunk is still green from the inside.

M. Ghanem
Last edited by maghanem on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Sorry I am not familiar with that tree. Does it have another name?

HG

maghanem
Newly Registered

Sorry sir, I believe I gave you a wrong name at the first time. The correct name is (CARMONA MACROPHYLLA)...
Please also be informed that I have changed some of the soil with a new petmos just yesterday thinking that what might do any good.

Thanks alot

maghanem
Newly Registered

Scott; can you reply to me ASAP as every day passing the tree getting worest.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Can you send an image of the tree?

Do not water so much until you send an image.

HG

maghanem
Newly Registered

Dear Sir;
here is a photo of the tree, it lost all the leaves, only few dry ones still remain as you may see.

Again, the trunk still green from the inside.
[img]https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/maghanem/carmona-0002.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/maghanem/carmona-0004.jpg[/img]

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

I am sorry for the delay, but spring in the nursery industry is very busy and this one even more so for me...

Carmona is known as Fukien Tea here and is generally easy to care for, but it CAN't dry out ever and has a tendency to drop all it's leaves in protest of even small changes in light or water regimens, so DON'T PANIC!

The fact the inside of the tree is still green means all is well. It likes bright indirect light, not below 50 degrees F (and not over 80F; hates extreme heat). Light feedings as it does not like to be overfed and burns easily, and mites can be a real problem. They like this plant. A spray with any oil will help; we recommend neem oil...

Scott

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”