pkok

What Bonsai Feed Do You Use?

I have been trying different food for my plants to see which gives the best results.
Up to now I have used Tomatoe food,Miracle grow and more recently Bokashi juice.
The Bokashi juice ( from a Bokashi bin) seems to work really well with my plants they are really doing well and unless someone gives me a better solution I will carry on using it.
Anyone have any useful suggestions ?

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

Anything but Miracle Grow or products like it. Go Natural, not chemical.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

I use chemical fertilizers on most of my plants. They may not be natural, but they don't stink like most organic fertilizers do, and I have had great success using osmocote fertilizer (although some more sensitive plants may benifit from weaker, salt free fertilizer).

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Agreed with bonsai bonsaiboy. The chemical preps are generally more effective, less messy, and less of a health hazard. I use, exclusively, non-natural fertilizers. BTW, the same holds true for pesticides. Those pesticides used in "organic" farming are a greater health risk to humans than the FDA approved pesticides. ;)

somegeek

20-20-20 Miracle Gro plant food. 1Tbsp per gallon of water for my plants/trees outdoors.

Andy D

I was told that osmocote works very well with bonsai

Rootrot
Newly Registered

More important than fertilizer is the soil. If you can find Akadama, half your problems are over. I mix Osmocote in it. I feed with Miracle Grow. Sparsely.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”