andydouglas
Newly Registered

hi,new forumer - yellowing leaves....falling off...help!

my bonsai has lost most of it's leaves, after sprouting quite a few more a couple of months ago adding to allready decent foliage. I noticed some leaves starting to turn a bit yellow and then falling off. My bonsai is back in my front room now where there is more light ( I think it liked it better in there )and I can now see lots of leaves budding on my near bare bonsai. However the new small leaves seem to be yellowing and falling off as well!! It's always been watered well ( not too much though ). What have I done to it? Could it have some sort of parasite or root damage? Does it need transplanting to a bigger pot?? Help!

FlyingSheep
Newly Registered

If you could provide a picture of the tree in its current location so the environment/specimen may be identified it would be helpful. As for the trees losing leaves, this isn't always such a bad sign. Generally all trees lose there leaves, if you have green healthy leaves falling off then it could be a bad sign. Did this just start, or has it been doing this for a long time? Also, if its growing new buds/leaves/stems/ect. its a good sign, so you probably have nothing to worry about.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Is it sitting in water? If so, that may be the problem, as this would cause the soil to stay moist for prolonged periods. The other problem I can think of is if it is a temperate bonsai being kept indoors. Do you know what species it is?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”