MichalKaczmarek
Newly Registered

Dry leaves on my bonsai

I have my tree for only few months I still not sure how to take care of it. I'm not sure what kind of tree ive got. I watered my tree almost everyday I also showered it but from over a week I have a lot of dry brown hard leaves. I bought bonsai drip feeder and I can see difference. some new leaves started to grow very fast, but only on the bottom of the plant. I can also see some dry leaves turning into green. but I still don't know what to do to make that plant live again :) I think it is chinese sweet plum or tea leaf. I'm not sure. I bought it in B&Q :) do you have any advice?/ please help

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm not a bonsai grower and don't have much answer, since it sounds like you have been working at keeping it moist, which this plant needs.

Here's a little article about the sweet plum bonsai:
https://www.absolutebonsai.com/sweet_plum_bonsai

From what it says, I'd try misting it frequently, maybe set it on a humidity tray.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

There are a few tree species that have repeatedly failed for me (indoor culture). Sageretia is one of them and this is what I have typically seen them do for me in the past as they failed. I wish I could be more help than that, but once they start throwing those suckers, IME, it's only a matter of time.

MichalKaczmarek
Newly Registered

after applying bonsai drip feeder new green leaves started to grow but only on the bottom of the tree, up to around 1/3 of tree hight there is a lot of new green leaves but why only on the bottom ??
thats weird!! does anyone know ??

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

Sounds like you need to cut it back, but you might wanna wait for a bonsai exper to chime in.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”