juniper2000
Newly Registered

taking the wire off my juniper

I just bought a 6 year old juniper, looks healthy needs repoting I'm sure as it has been in the same pot since day 1 by the looks please advice on this following the next Q It had also had the same wire on it since day 1 and the wire was severly cutting into the trunk and the branches (one off the reasons I got it I felt a bit sorry for it but like I said looks really healthy) OK to the question I took the wire off it very carefully as I didnt want to ring bark it, is this possible to ring bark it, it looks like I may have done an ok job but I was not perfect at removing the wire but if I in some way have damaged the plant what mesuares should I take to help the plant incase I have?
Temps are around 30+ during the day around 20 to 15+ at night its outside can't think off anything else to tell you
thanks

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Removing wire, especially if it has grown in, is tricky, but necessary. I have ruined more trees than I care to recount trying to save wire (and breaking branches or scarring bark). Cut it off an inch or two at a time and you won't have to worry about any of that...

Too cold outside but a cool room, airlock or such would be better than a heated house. Slow acclimation to these conditions would be best; first the cool room, then the airlock. Mine are in a bright windoow in the garage (which never sees a car, but no long running the engine in there if you do...)

Scott

juniper2000
Newly Registered

thanks for your reply scott, much appreciated.. :D

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

De nada...

HG

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”