Earl K
Green Thumb

Submersion

I soaked my Chinese Elm the other day for the first time in the 2 months ive had it.That has made my tree really come to life.It had lost alot of leaves and was not looking healthy.Since the dunk it is full of new growth and looks great.How often should i water this way :?:
Florida porchgrown veggies
USDA zone 9

IndorBonsai

During spring and summer I use this method of watering on all my trees about every other time.

Also I use this method of watering when I fertilize my trees. I submerge the pot till bubbles stop then let it drain for a little while. Then I fertilize my tree from above and let it run through the soil and drain out the holes in the pot.
If your going to have art in your house why not make it living art. :D

Jason

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Due to time constraints I use this method more often than over the top watering. I let the trees soak for about 15 minutes once per week on the weekend. Due to the size of the collection, even with an oversized kitchen sink, this still takes three rounds of soaking. This is, however, enough that only select trees need watering during the week.

uzeyr

same unless i am feeding then i have to pour water over the trees i always the immerssion techique its solve alot of problem so yeah i would advice ypu to start using that method as well u will see difference

Earl K
Green Thumb

Thanks for all the advice guys,I shall use this technique more as i did notice a more healthier tree after just one time.I think its time again.Have a good one. :)
Florida porchgrown veggies
USDA zone 9

uzeyr

oh yeah i have also found that when i use the immersion technique the pot stays moist longer since its saturated completly so make sure u don't water too often now :)
but u willl be able to judge when the pot feels lighter so yeah just keep that in mind my trees usually go 4-5 days without watering since the immersion method is used they seem to be doing fine teh indoor ones the outdoor ones is a diff story i have to water everyday almost excpet for the jbp which is eveyr week or so lol

albertknappmd
Newly Registered

is there a specific timem limit for soaking?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”