chi_chi_chapi
Newly Registered

dying green pepper bonsai

My husband purchased two bonsai trees and they are in diar need of help. One, he says, is a green pepper tree, and one is a much smaller honeysuckle tree. I was not here when he got them, and by the time I arrived, they were already dying (probably about 6 months in). He does not have the instructions that came with them any more, so I have been researching on the internet. He was told to water them twice a week. The leaves were a very dull faded green, but have progressed to yellow/brown and are very droopy. All I can figure from what I've read is to get it a drip/humidity tray and a grow lamp. But I have also read that it is not supposed to be in direct sunlight so I'm not sure if that is a good idea. However, being in the North of England it is quite cold, even this time of year, and I read that it can only stand temps above 17 degreec celcius. It is kept inside, but at night or if the heaters aren't on I think it gets pretty cold. Are they even salvagable?? Thank you in advance!!!

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

chi_chi_chapi,

Hello and welcome.
One, he says, is a green pepper tree,
Are you sure it is truly a 'Green Pepper' or Capsicum? is it possible it is actually what is called Chinese Pepper or [url=https://aquiya.skr.jp/zukan/Zanthoxylum_beecheyanum_var_alatum%20.jpg]Zanthoxylum[/url]

Norm

chi_chi_chapi
Newly Registered

Gnome wrote:chi_chi_chapi,

Hello and welcome.

Norm
Thank you. :D

After googling images, it is definitely the chinese pepper - Zanthoxylum

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”