Yayis8
Newly Registered

Help identifying My new Bonsai!

Hi.
I just got my very first bonsai. I'm very excited. I've had plants before, love them. I'm very concerned on how to take care of my tiny tree though .
First I want to identify it. I was told it blooms. Suppostly two different flower color in one same tree (purply and white).
It came with tiny pebbles on the top of the soil inside the pot. I'm worried though, Don't know for sure if they should stay or not. They look fine. Decorate good, but I don't know if to take'm off of not.
I'm also wondering if I can keep it indoors and just bring it out during the night...
I'll appreciate your comments for I'm new in this...
Thankx.
I wanted to post a picture... I'm quite sure it would be helpful, but don't know how:(... [/b]

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Yayis8,

Hello and welcome to the Helpful Gardener and to bonsai. 8) A few pictures would certainly make the process of identification easier, look [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724]here[/url] for two options, choose one.

We don't host pictures on-site, you'll have to post them elsewhere and link to them back here. We look forward to seeing your tree.

Norm

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Would it happen to be a Satsuki azalea? These are the most commonly sold bonsai that have naturally differently colored flowers.

Yayis8
Newly Registered

:D ok, thanks for helping me out. Now, here is a picture of my bonsai :wink:
I look forward for answers, thanks...

[url=https://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sparklemybonsai.jpg][img]https://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7148/sparklemybonsai.th.jpg[/img][/url]

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

The picture is to (for me anyways) far away to make an accurate judgement. Perhapse maybe you could get a close-up of the bark and leafs.

killyspike

Id for me I don't know but I guess the stones if they are not stuck together I.e can be moved about freely and maintain moisture then they would probably be ok.

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Possibly a crepe myrtle or pomagranate, crepe myrtle I think a better guess, but impossible to say, or even limit to these two, from the picture. Ditto on the stones, they should be removed, whether "stuck in" or not. They impede your ability to judge soil moisture and to top off soil.

killyspike

yes absolutely right good point for a beginner remove the stones and replace with a good bonsai mix.

Yayis8
Newly Registered

Thank you. I removed the stones. And yes, as u mentioned, I now have a better idea of what the soil looks for my bonsai. They weren't tight on it, but helps me out with the watering part for Tree. Maybe later on they can go back decorating;)... :wink:
Now I should get a better view of Tree pretty soon... Sorry for my blurry first shot... :oops:
I've had a good time so far taking care of Tree. It has being growing lots of new leaves.... I assume its happy:) :)
I haven't trim it yet... I ll start on it this week... :idea:
Ive being leaving it outside over the night... Seems like its doing good like that . . . :D

Well, I believe that'll be all for now. Check with ya next time with the new shot, thanx.... :)

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”