smurf

dwarf pomegranite trees and general questions

hello
I was wondering if any one knows what temperature is too hot for dwarf pomegranite trees?
I am so happy cause since it is spring time my trees have a bunch of little new leaves!

another question for my other bonsai is how often should I repot it? like once a year?

also thankyou to those of you who have always helped me keep my bonsais thriving, you have helped me a lot.

smurf
Last edited by smurf on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

smurf,

Although I have been growing a few Pomegranate seedlings for a couple of years now my climate is different than yours so I had to check other sources for an answer to your question. Look [url=https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/pomegranate.html#Climate]here[/url] for climate information. Evidently this plant grows in more southerly regions that yours and is drought tolerant. I think you will be OK.

Charles J. Simon, curator of the ARS genebank that is America's official storehouse for pomegranate, notes that nearly all commercial U.S. pomegranates come from the San Joaquin Valley.
another question for my other bonsai is how often should I repot it? like once a year?
It depends, younger more vigorous material should be re-potted more frequently than older specimens. I just re-potted a Privet today and it was completely root bound in one year. Other trees are not ready this year.

Try to determine if the plant really needs it rather than some kind of schedule. Wiggle the tree in the pot. Is it firm or loose? If it is firm attempt to slip it from the pot and have a look at the roots. Is the pot colonized with roots or is there still room for it to grow? It comes down to using your best judgment.
also thankyou to those of you who have always helped me keep my bonsais thriving, you have helped me a lot.
You're welcome, its good to hear that you are making progress.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”