angeltrees
Newly Registered

Dying Trees

Help! My Aunt died in mid-January and I have just received her bonsai collection of 12+ trees. She was a wonderful gardener, but unfortunately her husband hasn't done anything with them. They all look to be on the verge of dying. Please advise. I don't know where to begin. They have been outside all season and so I have currently kept them outside too. :cry:

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

angeltrees,

Welcome to the forum. It seems you have not only a problem but an opportunity. In the short term make sure that they do not dry out. If any are currently dry soak them up to the rim for about 15 or 20 minutes each or until the soil is saturated. If they are moist don't panic and do anything drastic. They are outside, as they apparently should be, and the weather is still mild.

Are you able to identify any of the trees? Perhaps your Aunt kept records or a journal of some sort, many growers do. Are there deciduous trees or evergreens of a mixture?

What is your level of skill when it comes to plants, green thumb or brown? Are you successful in keeping other potted plants?

If you are unable to identify the trees, are you able to post pictures of the trees? Without some idea of what you are up against we are at a disadvantage. Have any of the trees leafed out yet? If not, how do you know they are in distress? You are going to have to provide more information.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”