uzeyr

pepper tree bud nearly flowering

my pepper tree (yea the ones in the pics ) has finnaly produced flower bud :D :D :D am soo happy but now I'm wondering don't flowers weaken the tree ??
so any way I fertilised in jan end of january it been two weeks since and I'm thinking when to fertilise next I hear its adiffrent deal when there are flowers I want the tree to keep the flowers and hopefully fruit because the pepper tree are supposed to produce red berries :O :D

so any idea when I should feed next was gona at the end of the month but should I wait or do it before ?

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

uzeyr,

I had to look back over your previous posts to find the Pepper. I really like the thick trunk and it looked pretty good at the time. In one post I thought you noted that it had lost some foliage. How is it health-wise now?

If it is not in good condition then allowing a lot of flowers night not be a good idea. Other reasons not to allow flowers might be a recent re-potting or if it flowered heavily the previous year. If you have, or intend to allow, only a few flowers then I don't imagine it could hurt too much.

If you decide to limit the amount of flowers this year remove the buds before they form. By the time the flowers are about to open they have already been a drain on the trees energy reserves. In other words if the buds are already mature you might as well leave them.

These are general remarks as I don't have one of these but I am really beginning to get interested in them. Does anyone else have personal experience with Zanthoxylum?

Norm

uzeyr

thanx norm I bought the pepper tree because it had the thick trunk I have never seen one ever with a thicker trunk :D

anyway yeah it used to loose alot of leaves when I used to pick it up to give it a watering there would be leaves that would fall but now the tree has lost no leaves its been pretty healthy I should say so I might just let them form and also see the berries
I went to the garden centre and all the pepper trees there were flowering too :d I found that a wierd coincidence :D but I was happy to see the new trees I also went and bough another budda pine :D this one is better formed than the other

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”