Kenshin14435

Just tought I might share some updates with you all.

My tree is still losing leaves but only a few a day.

A TON of new growth is coming in so I am really happy that.

I found that without the rocks on my soil, the soil drys out faster than with them on. So I put the little shale pebbles back on the surface of my soil.

I MIGHT BE MOVING!!! I don't really want to move but yet I really do. It wouldnt be very far at all. Just a few miles down the road. The only reason for moving is because its cheap and it has Mom's "dream kitchen" :roll:

But for me, it has excelent lighting for my trees. Notl like here. The front of the house faces due south so they should get very good light if we move. Also, there is a Japanese(somewhat anyway) garden in the back yard. 2 very nice Japanese Maples and asorted plants. Not sure which kind yet. There is also a very nice coy pond in the garden. No coy in it right now but that could easily be changed. All places have great lighting. ALOT of potential!
But remember, right now, we don't know if we've got it. Mom and Dad got the contract in so we should know if we get the house officially by Wednesday or Thursday.
There are a few downsides but some of them pertain to my local area which is private. One of them tough, is that if we move I won't get a new computer. I'm a huge gamer so I love to build my own gaming computers with my dad. This one would heft a huge sum of money but I get to spend time wth dad putting it all together.

Take Care

Kenshin14435

Just a quick update.

We didnt get the house we had put the contract on. So we're not moving. I'm kind of dissapointed but I'm also relieved.

Norm, do you mind me asking if you got any snow from that storm a few days ago? I got near 9 inches! How much did you get?

Take Care

Kenshin14435

Quick update on my Braz Raintree.

It is shooting with new growth. Tons of new growth. Needs pruning but I want to ease into that.

The leaves have ceased to fall. I think the reason they kept falling was because I was overwatering. :oops:

I think I'm going to wait another year for a re-pot. The soil looks healthy to me.

I have fertlizer so the organic stuff its in will have nutrients. All in all it is going to be a fine tree. I just need to prune it. I think I'm going to get a tool kit soon so I might wait till mid April to prune and trim and such.

Take Care

kdodds
Greener Thumb

Mine have ceased falling as well, but as I was pruning new growth I noticed that all of the ones that DID fall were from the axils where new growth was coming in, so it's probably something perfectly normal.

IndorBonsai

Here is a link I found useful, Because it has been very hard to find good information about my Brazilian Rain tree.

https://www.bonsaihunk.us/info/TexasEbony.html

The Texas Ebony care is very similar. There is more information on it and the trees are almost exactly the same as far as tree care ( pruning, growing mediums, light requirements, temperatures, and more ).

Kenshin14435

Ok, since I got a helpful response and I haven't been around in quite awhile. I might as well post an update on it.

My tree is NOT doing well. I wish it were teh exact opposite. After it had gotten through the shock of falling leaves awhile back, we had gone a trip. My folks hired someone to take care of the pets, etc. Anways, the pet sitter we had hired, failed to water my tree enough. So then it started losing more leaves. Then, in an effort to try to save it, my Mom over watered it. It had lost all of its leaves at that point. So then it started to recover, until a few days ago. I had put it outside on my deck, and the weather was a high 79 degrees with 96 % humidity. But, to my surprise, in teh middle of the night, a sudden thunderstorm ravaged our area. So now, the thing is too overwatered for me to give it the fertilizer it needs. Things aren't looking up at all. I've done the best I can do to try and save this tree but thats all I can do, try my best and see what happens.

BUT, thank you for that post. If this tree dies, then I will most likely go out and buy a new one.

Norm, how are you doing my friend?

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”