tinylilbonsai
Newly Registered

I need help for my tree

hey hows it going I'm justin I just got a juniper tree and I know its winter but what should I do to keep it alive

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

tinylilbonsai,

I assume you received a small Juniper that looks pretty much like this.
[img]https://www.artofbonsai.org/eristic/articles/mallsai/mallsai_juniper.jpg[/img]
Junipers need a dormant period or they will fail, read through recent threads here and see how much trouble people have trying to keep Junipers inside.

But, I am always reluctant to suggest that these trees (Christmas Juniper) be placed directly outside. Next spring it should go outside and remain there. For now do you have any sort of garage or outbuilding? Perhaps a screen porch? You need to get this tree into a cool environment until spring. A gradual transition would not hurt if you can manage it.

This is a situation that no one should ever have to deal with. Junipers are not suitable for indoor culture and by selling them at this time of year retailers are doing their customers a disservice.

Norm

Wike

Hi, Sorry to hijack you're post but Gnome I'm in love with that tree and setup there Is this yours or did you get it off google? Is the picture bigger than the one you uploaded? If so is there any chance you could email the picture to me? Thanks, And sorry I have no input for your question tinylilbonsai but I also am new to the world of bonsai - But I do wish you the best of luck.

Tom

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Wike,
Gnome I'm in love with that tree and setup there Is this yours or did you get it off google?
No that tree is not mine, it was selected to illustrate a typical mass produced Juniper bonsai that are offered by numerous retailers this time of year. If that tree appeals to you, you should really take a look around before making a purchase. Try this.
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3343
You can do better by purchasing an ordinary nursery tree and styling it yourself. You will get more tree for your money and will learn more.

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”