richm2778
Cool Member

Display Bench

Hello everyone,

I am planning on building a bench to display my trees on in my small backyard. I am going to do the best I can on a shoestring budget and try to make it as appealing as I can. Because I live in South Florida, I am thinking something with open sides, and a small roof on it in order to protect the trees from the midday summer sun. I am positioning it in a place where they will get plenty of those beautiful morning rays of sunshine. I am also planning on using some type of plastic sheeting in order to make optional drop down walls in case I decide to make it into a greenhouse type of structure in the future.

Thoughts or suggestions, anyone?

Rich

Kenshin14435

The only thing I think you should take into account is hurricane season. Build it so it can withstand hurricane force winds.

Take Care

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

Rich,

Look into shade cloth for the top and possibly a little way down the sides. You can get it in different grades to provide varying amounts of shade. My benches are decidedly on the practical side, concrete blocks stacked and horizontal shelving laid on top. I don't worry about shade cloth but I have another area, under mature trees, for the species that like a more shady environment.

https://americannettings.com/commercial_products/Knitted_Shade_Cloth/knitted_shade_cloth.htm

Norm

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”