What do you think! =]

tree itself

[img]https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Key1Club/pix005.jpg[/img]

Its needles

[img]https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/Key1Club/pix006.jpg[/img]

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

xzkiskazx,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I suspect that this is the ubiquitous Juniper procumbens "nana" that is often used in commercially prepared bonsai. I am not certain and if anyone has any other possibilities please feel free to post.

I see you are in NYC. Do you realize that Junipers are a poor choice for indoor culture, in fact one of the worst? Do you have access to an outdoor space for this tree?

Norm

xzkiskazx
Newly Registered

Gnome wrote:xzkiskazx,

Hello and welcome to the forum. I suspect that this is the ubiquitous Juniper procumbens "nana" that is often used in commercially prepared bonsai. I am not certain and if anyone has any other possibilities please feel free to post.

I see you are in NYC. Do you realize that Junipers are a poor choice for indoor culture, in fact one of the worst? Do you have access to an outdoor space for this tree?

Norm
Thank you and no I live in an appartment and the furthest I can get to the outdoors is putting it next to an open window. Here in new york these are the only bonsai trees you could EVER find, it is very hard and rare to find any other type of tree, these junipers are everywhere!
I know its gonna be much harder to take care of it but I did a lot of research of how to take care of a juniper if it's indoors.

alexinoklahoma

Chances are that is a very-poorly rooted 'cutting' with little vigor available (?). ;-) They are sold everywhere, or so I have heard. You really need it to get as much sun as possible (it may already be withering before you get it!).

You should have little problem finding care info - and the soil should *not* be water-retentive as just plain ol' gravel works outstanding for these (serious!). Plain ol' sifted pine bark works great as well...

Alex

chio88

Hmmmm...interesting posts!

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”