Ann1e

Tea Tree Bonsai

I have a brand new bonsai tea tree that is supposed to be about 15 years old. I have had it less than a week and bought it at the Big E in Springfield, MA. I have put it near a West window but there are trees blocking the sun. It gets some light but I don't have a good South window where it would get better light. Its actually a north west window. I watered it once on Wednesday morning, having bought it this past Saturday. It has lost of few leaves which turned yellow so I am wondering if it is a light problem, a water problem or does it just need more time to acclimate to its new living conditions. I am brand new at trying to grow a bonsai plant but have always wanted one. I am in Connecticut and we are having chilly weather. I have it together with some orchid plants. It just occurred to me that I also bought a "money tree" bonsai at the same time and I planted it in a bonsai planter that I got at a tag sale. I have that one in my bathroom where it gets lots of light and moisture. So far it is doing fine.

bonsaiboy
Greener Thumb

Assuming that this is a fuken tea were talking about, visit the following thread: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10525&sid=b08c160b80fd7ce3d0d4483e4e8dcdbe Then, once your finished there, or you could (and probably should) go here first, to check out this place, https://www.bonsaihunk.us/cultural.html , and read the stuff on indoor bonsai, and fuken tea. Also check out the stickies at the top of this forum so you know how to deal with bonsai in general. Change the soil if its normal potting soil, and water it before the surface gets dry (they like it moist). Assuming your already doing most of this, I'd say the yellow leafs a just simply it adjusting. Be sure to do some reseach on bonsai, as this will help you in the long run. And, it should do fine in the window you've got it in.

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”