alexinoklahoma

Thx, Gnorm :-) I could not get my 'proper' link as Firefox kept auto-signing me in to my Google account, therefore changing the URL 'up above' (no copy/paste, per se). And I never really pay attention to personal URL's, LOL......

Alex

jemdan
Newly Registered

sorry I didnt reply last night I got wathcing a film 'untraceable' would defently recommend it.

Thank you for all the replys and thank you norm for sorting out the link.

In responce to the tree needing more light, we live in a bungalow and when I first got the tree, we had it in our bedroom and it defently didnt like it in there so I moved it into the room and its been there for over 5 months and seemed happy until lately. As you may be able to tell from the pic, while it was in the window it lost all of its leaves and didnt seem happy at all been in the window. So I moved it onto the table in the same room and within no time it seems to have its leaves coming back tho and looking nice and happy again. Granted its lost some leave before while been in the window because I understand they do this to make way for new ones but when it lost all of its leaves I thought it might have got too cold in the window and that is why I have moved it. Have I done the wrong thing??? thank you for your help jem

arboricola

jemdan;

You did nothing wrong. In fact you did the right thing by moving the tree to an area of lower light after it dropped its leaves. Now that its recovered a move back to the window might be in order. Temperature is not a problem, so don't worry about that. Elms do well indoors at temps between 8 and 24C.

I believe that watering was the issue. Now you have that under control the tree should do well.

Phil...

jemdan
Newly Registered

thank you for your advice the tree is now in the window and tree is not yet ready for watering but as soon as it is I will be trying the new way adviced.

thank you all again jem

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”