yps777

Need care tips for bonsai tree (Chinese Elm, Chinese Pepper)

Watering, Feeding, type of soil needed, and other important tips for a healthy Bonsai :D .Cheers and apologies for the newbie questions. Iuliana

alexinoklahoma

You want us to water/prune it for ya too? With no offense intended whatsoever, its a LOT better for you to do at least a bit of 'research' now that you have your plants ID'd for you ;-) There are literally way more URL's on those two species than you could ever search out and actually view in one lifetime...

And even better than searching (via Google or whatever...try the couple stickies right above this thread. I am not gonna type all this out for anyone when its easily available with a minimum of effort :-) I'd be happy to answer specific ?'s, but *not* going to type all that when this hobby demands a person take an effort above "Tell me all I need to know".... Start reading at www.evergreengardenworks.com/articles.htm and see if that makes sense -> If not, I'm certainly willing to clarify what is not understood (and it is different than you may expect, I bet)

Its just like hollering for swimming lessons once you're already in the deep end ;-) Good luck...just don't water the plants every day on a 'schedule' or use any 'typical potting soil'. That's a good start...

Alex

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

yps777,

Here is a care sheet for Elms that should help a bit.
https://www.bonsai4me.com/SpeciesGuide/Ulmus.html
The other species is a bit more unusual and I can't recall seeing much about it.

Alex has provided you an excellent resource in https://www.evergreengardenworks.com/articles.htm Here is another. https://www.bonsai4me.com/Basics.html

Bonsai is such a varied and complex endeavor that it is literally impossible to supply all of the information you will need in a few paragraphs. Visit your local library or bookstore, try to locate a local club or at the least read everything you can online. We will try to help with specific questions you may have. It would also help if you edited your profile to give us some idea of where you are located. Welcome to bonsai and our forum.

Norm

alexinoklahoma

I just reread what I posted earlier - and I gotta say I did not mean to come off as a 'jerk' or such (if that is how perceived). I just saw the ID-post and not long after that was "What do I do now?" and after having a looooong 24 hours with rambunctious granddaughter, I got pretty blunt without intending it to be so.

There is a *lot* to learn and its not hard to digest the gist of it all. But it does take more than a person asking for 'tips' ;-) Go for the life-sustaining basics of 'tree-in-pot' husbandry - free-draining soil, proper environment at all times, reasonable nutrition protocol(s), etc...

Enjoy your new 'hobby' as it does not take long to get seriously attached to particular trees, LOL!

Alex

yps777

thanks 4 help .Iuliana :D

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”