which flower means family...?

which flower means family...?

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 pm

hello, my name is sian..im not a big gardening enthusiast but i though you might be able to help me. i could not find an answer to this anywhere...and i looked for ages. i was just wondering if ayone knows which kind of flower means/represents family as i am having a tattoo to represent family and i would like it to be a flower. it would be great if anyone knows and could send me and email or reply to this post. thank you. xxx :P
sianpenfold9608

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm

The "language of flowers" is quite extensive. Here's an introductory article from WikiPedia on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_flowers

I didn't read all the entries, but there may be a flower whose meaning is "family" among them; there are dozens of flowers listed! :)

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9
angels --Ravenwood Ductor ex Tenebris, NDD, CGC (Vergil), a sweet, earnest Bernese Mtn. Dog 3/27/04-2/23/11
--Mount Visions Wilson, CGC, 7/13/03-11/2/12, courageous
--BluNote Bésame Mucho, Mi Diosa, CGC, Therapy Dog (Vesta), 3/31/00-7/25/13, our love
cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

language of flowers

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Great link, cynthia, I love it! For sianpenfold, I think you will find that the language of flowers is all about emotions and emotional qualities, because that is what flowers speak to. So I doubt you will find a simple equivalence a flower = family. But if you think about the feelings you want to convey by family, what family really means to your heart (for example devotion, faithfulness, compassion, etc) you will will not have trouble finding flowers to represent those feelings/ qualities.
rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Return to Introduce Yourself Please