taneys

any cheap online plant nursery website?

Hi,

I want to buy sshrubs,alpines,rose and palm trees for my newly set up garden.Can anyone suggest me a cheap but good quality place from where I can buy.I have looked at my local garden center but thats quite expensive,can anyone please suggest any good online place?

Many thanx for ur help!

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Taney, if growing from cutting or seed is too difficult for you (this IS the cheap way), then most garden centers are just getting a fair price for what they are selling. On-line purchasing can be cheaper;

Visit [url=https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=18140&u=106543&m=4742&urllink=&afftrack=]Nature Hills Nursery online[/url].

But if you want good , well raised plants in your own backyard you should see your local garden center operator...

HG

taneys

thanx mate!

greendude
Newly Registered

Going cheap at the start of the garden is not a good idea - it is for the most part the most important part of the garden - buying good plants.

You will be investing lots of your time into the garden, and it would be a shame to spend alot of time and still get bad results becuase you bought cheap plants and seeds etc and they did not grow as well as better quality plants might.

Cheap plants like other things, usually means cut corners somewhere or the plants may have bad soil or ????

Personally I have found paying a fair price for good product always brings much more pleasure from the garden when it grows well with few problems. On the other hand, having bought lesser quality tomatoe plants before only to have them die from disease later was very dissapointing - had I paid a few extra dollars - all that time and energy would not be in waste

Plus it allows growers to build their businesses and keep producing quality plants every year - plants that you can trust to grow well.

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Not to put the e-gardening businesses down but, I like to buy my plants from local vendours who , once you get to know will give you excellant deals on plants and will often give you plants.

When buying online, you never really know what you are going to get and usually when the plants arrrive they will be a little worse for wear anyway due to life in the Postal Service. Often, they can be "brought back to life" but, if you buy something locally; you won't have to invest this extra time and energy into the plants.

webmaster
Site Admin

I've had some good experiences buying plants online, particularly hydrangeas. A few years ago my wife purchased a hydrangea online as a gift for her mother, and later that year we visited and saw it thriving in the backyard. Worked so well I ordered one for my own mother and that worked out good, too.

The other thing about buying plants online is that some companies will guarantee a successful delivery, so it's always a good idea to check for a guarantee before you make an online nursery purchase. [url=https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=18140&u=106543&m=4742&urllink=&afftrack=]Nature Hills Nursery[/url] has a policy that if a plant arrives in a damaged state, to refuse the order and they will reship a new plant. If there is a significant loss due to a low survival rate in a plant that was successfully shipped, [url=https://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=18140&u=106543&m=4742&urllink=&afftrack=]Nature Hills Nursery[/url] will replace it. That's a pretty good policy.

While it's always a good idea to visit a local nursery, it's not always convenient, especially for people with limited mobility or transportation options. Then there are people like my wife and I, who simply do not have a couple hours to spare (I.e. children) for travelling a couple towns over to a decent nursery and browsing around.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”