HGrep

ordered plant online-is this right?

Hi everyone.

I posted this on the hydrangea forum also, but I am really needing an answer before I decide to plant this or not. I could use some help with this purchase I just made. I ordered 3, 5-GAL limelight hydrandeas. The price was equivalent to 3-GAL elsewhere so I thought I'd go for the bigger size. They just arrived & I this is how they looked.
I couldn't find these in my local nurseries but I do know the other hydrangeas offered definitely did NOT look like this.
I'm not familiar with ordering plants, so I don't want to make any complaint until I am sure what I should have expected.
Thanks a bunch.
Attachments
20150611_125244.jpg
20150611_125230.jpg
20150611_125221.jpg

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I buy quite a few plants online every year from several different vendors, & frankly your shrubs look healthy & par for the course for shipped plants of that size.

You can't really expect them to look the same as local nursery plants because of packing/shipping, but your plants look well-hydrated & have fresh growth. In fact, considering their size, they look pretty darn good for shipped shrubs.

I'd simply trim them up & plant them asap. I'm betting that in a couple of months or even less you'll be surprised at how quickly they've sprung to life & approximate or even look better than local nursery stock.

Allyn
Green Thumb

I agree with GardeningCook. The first one looks a little sad, but the other two look fine. I'd plant them all asap. When I've gotten plants that big through mail order, they can look a bit shocking on arrival, but recover and fill out nicely.

HGrep

Thank you GardeningCook & Allyn! I was so worried that this was not normal. I am going to get them in the ground right away! Much appreciation for your time :)

imafan26
Mod

I have not ordered plants but I ordered roses. The company usually ships them at the time of year that they should be planted and they come with instructions for how to keep them and plant them.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”